Saturday, October 29, 2011

'Cuz We're Classy Like That

The pace of rides and attractions at Disneyland can be hectic to say the least, and when the Caboose told me he needed to use the bathroom, while in a line, I asked him if there was any way he could just wait a bit. "Sure mom." Great, right?


But I totally forgot that he needed a restroom break before we got in the Grizzly River Run line at California Adventure.

"Mom, I need to use the bathroom."
"Umm, shoot! Any chance you could manage to wait just a bit longer?"
"Sure mom."

So, as we near the front of the line, Big Boy #1 suddenly informed me that the Caboose had just peed off the side of the walkway, (trying to get it into the little river of the ride) WHILE IN LINE!!! WHAT?!?

I quickly scan the crowd to see if anyone noticed. Phew! All's clear.

Of course I had a talk with the Caboose about how totally inappropriate it was to pee in line, but I also acknowledged that I should have gotten him to a bathroom earlier. I made him promise to never do that again.

All good?

As we are about to load into the raft for the ride, one of the workers pulls me aside and said "Ma'am, if your son needs to use the bathroom, we can help you. I mean... That was really just..."
HORRIFYING!

When the kids wanted another go round on the ride, I told them there was NO way I was going back. I had humiliated myself enough for one day.

After this little gem, I'm halfway to red neck! ARGH!

3 comments:

Vern said...

I love this story.

For so many reasons.

Mom of Three said...

That's soo funny!

La Mode Operandi said...

Aaaahhahahaha! brilliantly embarrassing! Very funny and so real.