Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pepsi Light

The Denver Nugget's home court is the Pepsi Center. It's pretty fabulous; great music, live action on the jumbotron, a scoreboard with loud buzzers, etc.

Big Boy #1 has managed to create a miniature version of the Pepsi Center in the basement. I call it the Pepsi Light Center, or the diet Pepsi Center.

One of the best parts of a game at the Pepsi Center is the live video shots on the jumbotron. Big Boy #1 found a bunch of old equipment in the basement and hooked it all up so that it showed the kids live, as they were playing. Then, he created a PowerPoint presentation for the game opening introductions which highlights each player. It is really incredible.

One of my favorite parts of any game in the Pepsi Center is the great music. So BB#1 set up my old stereo to play all kinds of great sports themed music. He also figured out how to get his iPod to play on my old system and then found an app for his iPod that lets him play only the chorus of crowd-thrilling, popular tunes.

The latest addition to the Pepsi Light Center is this scoreboard. It took a lot of mowing, but BB#1 saved up his money and bought this way cool scoreboard. It buzzes when the clock ticks down and everything.


The final touch was when Big Boy #1 set up a bunch of lights around the basement and hooked them all together on one switch, which he flashes on and off during the opening introductions.

It's quite the set up and the boys just love it. They had some friends over earlier this week and they all seemed to think the basement was pretty cool. I'm beginning to wonder if this kid may have a future in sports broadcasting. I know Diamond would love some free tickets!

10 comments:

Kari said...

That is amazing! What a super creative boy you have!!!

Jenni said...

That is quite the set up! Very cool.

Nanna said...

He's quite a genius to have put all of that together. What a rock star.

Vern said...

This is so cool! Way to go #1!

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Wow!! I am so impressed!

Mom of Three said...

Seriously, this guy is a techie! What a great job he did on everything!

Alvey family said...

Okay, that is awesome! Now I know why my kids love Trevor. He is such a creative thinker!

Maranda said...

Ok, I had to stop in the middle of catching up on 140 blog posts to say that this is INCREDIBLE! You have a very smart and talented boy. Can I come over? I really want to watch a game at the Pepsi Light Center. P.S. Awesome name!

tz said...

how fun!

Lindsey Hicks said...

Hey Ganelle - I found your blog from looking at Maranda's. I CANNOT believe how big your boys are. I guess time doesn't stop just because I haven't seen you:) So fun to see what you've been up to!