Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day

The kids have already been in school for a couple of weeks now. YES, they started the FIRST week of August. (Seriously? I feel so ripped off! I want more summer with my kids!)

I only captured one picture of BB#2 before he took off with his other 5th grade buddies.

And here is Big Boy #2 on the first day of seventh grade.

But the real story this year is that the Caboose started kindergarten. Of all my kids, he is the most ready. He has been to the school countless times, knows so many of the other kids from church, and has been progressing academically. He was BEYOND excited to start school.

But ME??? Well, that's a slightly different story. I was doing just fine, seeing him off and waving goodbye as he walked through the classroom door. But then just as I was about to turn and head home, Big Boy #1 decided to sneak a peek through the glass window to the classroom. How could I resist?

I peeked through the window to admire how darling the Caboose was as he put away his backpack and got into his chair. So CUTE! And wouldn't I be a bad parent if I didn't take a picture or two through the glass???

I admit it may be a tad too much, but he's my baaabbyy!

1 comment:

Kari said...

You are not old enough to have a 7th grader!! My caboose was in kindergarten last year and I can totally relate to how you felt!