Friday, March 4, 2011

Magic Kingdom

Diamond knew for some time that he would have a business trip to Orlando this February. Of course I insisted that I should go along. Orlando? In February? Youbetcha!

As an Eastern girl, most of my friends had made the trek down to Disney World but my family opted instead for the Carolina beaches. And while I LOVED the beach and have been to Disneyland a few times, I have never been to the happiest place in Florida. Somehow it had me feeling a bit left out.

To be honest, I think I prefer Disneyland, but I did enjoy my time at Magic Kingdom. I had never seen the parade before, plus it seems like every time we made it to Disneyland, I was eleven months pregnant and thus had to forgo Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. (What's with all the mountains anyway???)

But my real objective was to get caught up on my sleep and have some serious time by the pool. I have been feeling so exhausted and burned out with everything going on and I was desperate for some R&R. Although a four day weekend can't undo three years worth of wear, it was a much needed breath of fresh air. Literally.


Ahh, palm trees, fountains and sunshine!

No comments: