Saturday, March 5, 2011

Five!

The Caboose turned FIVE!

LOVES: Superheros (especially Spiderman) doing anything his brothers are doing, playing with his brothers and their friends, all kinds of sweet treats, mac & cheese, Dinosaur Trains, Cat in the Hat, silly/potty talk (I can't STAND it!) playing games, adventures and sneaking treats

HATES: Going to stores, being sick, boring things, doing chores, losing at games, staying in his room at bedtime and being frustrated.

NOTABLE QUOTABLES:
"I want to be a superhero when I grow up."
"I'm your play date with destiny!"
"I'm a really good sneaker"
"I have a girlfriend. Kelsey (his cousin) AND Adrienne (his other cousin.) I have TWO girlfriends!"

The birthday boy wanted to have a Monster Truck party so the big boys spent quite a bit of time putting together this super cool Monster Truck Track in the living room. We gave each guest a Monster Truck of their own that they could play with on the the track and use for some other games.

We had my niece join in the fun. Here she is trying to get a ball into the tire.

Blowing out the candles

The birthday boy!
In addition to the Monster Truck cake, I made these 'Lucky Leprechaun' cupcakes for the Caboose's preschool birthday treat. I just divided up the batter, colored each portion a different color and then layered each color in the cupcake tins. It was a pain to spread each individual color, but I think they turned out really cute.

Now that he's five years old, the Caboose has promised to give up both his thumb and his blankie. (They tend to go together.) When he went to bed the night before his birthday he swore that would be the last of Blankie. But when he woke up on his birthday he thought he shouldn't have to give it up until after his party.

While he certainly was milking his last moments of 'babyhood', I must admit that I was enjoying it too. It did my heart good to see that a part of him is STILL my baby.

7 comments:

tz said...

Love, just love the picture of him sleeping, what a cutie pit.

FOX said...

awhhhh! I was all excited for your kids getting older and such a fun day and then I got to the bottom of your post and I got all melancholy... awwweee darn our kids are getting older!

I miss babies. Not enough to have another (or could) but I miss them around. I was just making a slide show for Jacob's Eagle Court of Honor so I was already all melancholy, but then this cinched it. Where did our babies go? I remember you prego with BB#1 and talking to you about teaching school and mom-ing it.

Glad you had a great day. Now tell yours to slow down so mine have to too!!!

Mrs. Kravitz said...

I can't believe that he's already 5! I'm pretty sure you just moved from my neighborhood last week, right? We still miss you!

By the way... I met the famous Vern yesterday at church... she's as awesome in person as she is in blogland! It was an awkward moment when I asked her in the bathroom, "Are you Ganelle Smith's friend Vern?" :)

Mom of Three said...

I just can't believe he is five all ready! Boo had a blast at his party too. Happy birthday to a great little guy!!!

Suzanne said...

Woah, over the top cupcakes. How creative is that! Tanner *just* gave up sucking his thumb when he started doing joint compressions (guess thumb sucking was part of sensory seeking, who knew?). You can look up joint compressions for occupational therapy online. But he will outgrow it anyway.

The adoption finalized, finally, lol. So now we can legally post pics of the girls on our blog. Check it out!

FOX said...

Hi Ganelle!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love comments, don't you?!!! :)

But I do want to say that my FIL is a doof! so if his response to you was offensive, then I apologize.

He is a doof to everyone. A gene that I have to constantly keep Brandon 'in check' with.

Luff ya!

It was an exciting day... but wait to you feel how old you feel the day your Caboose gets baptized and you are all done with baptisms... WOW! I am so happy that all my kids are here, but boy do I want a baby... 'who said that?'

ok ttyl

FOX said...

wow just looked at that again...

ya you can tell my (mis)grammar is worthy of a PhD

boy due I write 'good', dont eye?!

(sorry!)