Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Mile High Birthday

I have planned about a zillion sports-themed birthday parties, and was more than out of ideas.


But then we had a brainstorm! This year, for Big Boy #1's birthday celebration, we let him take a few friends on a tour of Invesco Field at Mile High. It was the best party ever - I didn't have to do anything but make a cake!


At the beginning of the tour was a room full of sports clothing, including a Bronco's jersey complete with pads.

Who says boys don't play dress-up?




Here's the view from the suites:


No cheap seats for these boys!


In the visitors locker room:


BB#1 putting his things away in the locker:


A pre-game conference in the locker room:


On the field:

Each boy wanted a shot of himself jumping the wall into the "fans".



Even Diamond wanted a shot by the World Champions sign.


So how was this birthday? The officials have conferred, and It's GOOD!

5 comments:

Maranda said...

My husband was sitting with me when I read this post and I have to say he was very jealous. He thinks this is so awesome! He now wants to do this for his birthday. Maybe we'll have to take a trip next spring.

Mom of Three said...

Looks like an awesome time! How did you set that up?

Kari said...

What a great idea! I am very jealous! I have always been a broncos fan! The best kinds of parties are the ones where you don't have to do anything!

Whitney said...

I'm totally keeping this birthday party on my list of future birthday parties! You are awesome!

Vern said...

I was all for it until that last line. That was pretty corny. Still, I can see why you couldn't resist.