Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Basket Making

Here's what my living room looked like at 6:00 Monday night:

This is what it looked like 30 minutes later:

Our ward (church) donated a total of 22 Thanksgiving baskets Monday night. There is something powerful in seeing families bring in bag after bag of groceries. Young kids carried in heavy sacks of potatoes and adults told me about how they added in "just a couple more things" then was on the list.

Then I got to deliver a few of those baskets. One woman hugged me something fierce, and with tears in her eyes expressed her gratitude. Another family sent me a note (that very night) saying "what a blessing this is for us." Twenty more stories could be told.

So this Thanksgiving, when things are a bit tighter for most of us, I was blessed to witness so much goodness, so much love and so much gratitude.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

wonderful!

Dodi said...

Thank you for sharing that - I got a little teary. Very touching to see the good in people, both the givers and the receivers.

Mom of Three said...

Thanks for showing the good. We need more of that.