Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wacko Jacko

The original Michael Jackson:
-Totally cool: I remember going to a Michael Jackson themed birthday party in 5th grade. I admit to, once, wearing one sparkly glove. And I can still do a mean moonwalk.
-Incredibly talented: How can you doubt the talent of the man? Billie Jean? Beat It? We are the World? And he could really dance! I still remember staying up late on New Years Eve 1983 to watch the Thriller video on MTV. He certainly earned the title "King of Pop."

The recent Michael Jackson:
-WAY Bizarre: His Neverland with the zoo? Is he black? Is he white? All those surgeries?What's with naming all your children Michael? (Prince Michael I, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II - aka Blanket???)
-So super creepy: Sleepovers? With young boys? When I think too much about it all I begin to feel nauseous!

I think it all started to fall apart when be began grabbing himself while dancing. It was only downhill from there. Thing of it is, I'm really bugged by the all accolades being poured on the man. Celine Dion was on the TV saying how he was her hero. Really? THAT'S what you come up with for a hero? I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but there is a part of me that wants to throw a little party for all the young boys living in the Los Angles area.

Ultimately, I don't care how talented he was, or how cool he was when I was in 5th grade. Maybe I'm being too judgemental. After all, I wasn't with him, in his bedroom, wearing clothes picked out from his special "dress up" box (all of which he admitted to.)

I'm too bogged down by the bizarre person he became. I don't think just because he died, he gets a pass on of his creepiness. I guess I'll just grit my teeth over the next few days when I hear over and over again about how great Wacko Jacko was. Grrrr!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shocked at the lack of sensitivity you show for the loss of a life. We are all children of God and who are we to judge anyone! It's not our place.

Maranda said...

I agree, I liked him much better back in the day. I gotta say, I love my Jackson 5 CD and some of his newer stuff. It's too bad he had to go at such a young age. Oh, and didn't he have a child named Blanket?

Mom of Three said...

First of all, whoever was the first commentor (and to weak to post it with a name attached), look at the media. Bringing perspective on a life lived is how we grow. She didn't say that she wasn't sad over his passing. It is tragic. Anyone that goes that young and in that way is. But I totally agree. To hero worship someone with those type of problems is just wrong. He was incredibly talented, and incredibly messed up. To ignore that fact is ignorance. Do you think that it was being judgemental to be relieved when Hitler died? Seriously!!!

FOX said...

Oh perfectly said, portrayed, and described!!! I too might have worn thriller/ Michael button/pins to sixth grade. (Do you remember those?)

And I might want to have toured Neverland when he was on vacation, and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, but wow... weirdness!!!!

OH and yes it was his third child 'Prince Micheal II' that he called 'blanket'. Now I don't judge him for hanging blanket out a window for pictures. I unfortunately can totally see Brandon doing that. Maybe??

Don't forget his life size statue of the Jolly Green Giant that he took with him to hotels. (for weirdness factor though... and I don't believe noticing weirdness of a celebrity, as passing judgment, since usually they do it on purpose to make the news.)

I do feel sooo bad for his children. For losing a Dad (that must be horrible since they don't have an active mom)... and for their names, but really I hope they are ok.

OH and I don't think any of this is judgmental. We all know that this life to the next, is just a stage, that no one is judging. Saying stuff about his eternal future would be judgmental, sooo Ganelle you are SPOT ON!!! Rock on you!!!!

Lorie said...

I'm wondering why "anonymous" feels free to slam the blog's author but not the courage to sign their name?

Poor man must have lived out a sad, lonely life. He was in a position to do a lot of good and be a positive influence on young people (not that I am judging...okay, I guess I am) but he just wasn't a positive assest to society. He just wasn't.

Martha said...

Wacko indeed. Talented too.
Sad to see someone in the public eye live such a tortured life.

Sadder to realize that those closest to him never seemed to manage to get him the help that he needed to help him cope with his many "issues".

Hopefully he'll be remembered more for his talents and not his oddities.

And hopefully the excitement of this story will quickly fad away...wishful thinking on my part but really? I wanted to watch Wimbeldon and instead got to hear of one of the Williams' sisters comment about MJ. Seriously? heavy sigh...

Cheryl said...

Ummmm anonymous, aren't you judging right now?? I am saddened by the death of Michael Jackson though...he was truly talented. I don't know what went on behind his bedroom door, but I do feel sorry for him. I think we should celebrate his life right now and not focus on the negatives.

Also, guilty or not, what moms are letting their boys spend the night at his house...I totally blame the parents.

Garity said...

Agree 100% Ganelle.