Saturday, January 17, 2009

Going Pro

While watching college basketball the other night:

Big Boy #1: "Dad, why didn't you play college basketball?"
Before he could answer, BB#1 said "I mean, I know why you didn't play pros..."
Me: "Really, why didn't Dad play in the pros?"
BB#1: "'Cuz they have games on Sunday, and you didn't want to play on the Sabbath."

Yup, that's right son. Diamond opted out of the pros for moral reasons. I mean, he's no sell-out like Steve Young or anything. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he's barely 6'0.

So, how long to you think it will take for the boys to see their father in a more, um, realistic light? I suppose we should enjoy it while we can.

4 comments:

Alex said...

Kids are great-hahahaha. Sometimes my kids ask me to tell them stories when I was a kid and I'll make up grand stories about fighting tigers, etc., and they still believe me. Maybe it's a natural way of building you up so that you don't kill them when they're teenagers (or so my parents tell me:))
-Kristie
P.S. I finished both books and I really enjoyed them. Will you email me sometime with some other books that you like?

Brittany said...

Way to go Dimond!!
Okay I really need your address, can you e-mail it too me?
brittanygillmore@yahoo.com, I can't seem to find it anywhere.
thanks!!

Vern said...

Wait, isn't that Dave on the cover?

Mom of Three said...

How cute! Hopefully that will last longer than elementary school!