Monday, June 18, 2012

Best Birthday EVER!!!

Part II of my Fabulous Birthday Extravaganza happened the weekend after my birthday.  These wonderful girls surprised me with an overnight in Vail.  SOOO much fun!!!

It all started when my BFF, Vern took me out to Smashburger on my actual birthday.  After lunch I opened her gift - a series of clues that told me we would be going zip lining together.  The two of us would be leaving the very next day!

Once Vern and I were up in our gorgeous hotel in the mountains, (while I was sitting on the balcony enjoying the view) up drives my sister and my lovely friend Laura.  Yea!  What was going to be just me and Vern was actually an overnight with some of my all time favorite women.

The four of us walked around Vail, and they all treated me to dinner.

By total coincidence, we ended up in Vail the same weekend as the Teva games.  There were BMX, slack lining and rafting competitions.  So totally cool!  Plus there were other entertainments in conjunction with the games.  Here we are enjoying the after game party with DJ Juggy!  We got on the BMX jump track and danced and felt so YOUNG!

We spent a fair amount of time just hanging out in the hotel, talking and laughing and catching up with each other.

The next day Vern and I went zip lining!  Something I have wanted to do for years!

The course Vern picked out was over this beautiful little ravine in the mountains.  There were six different lines that criss crossed over the mountain stream.

Here is Vern coming in.  Pop quiz:  Where do Vern's white shoes end and her skin begin?  Yea, I can't tell either. 

Here I am coming in.  I love this picture! So fun!!!

There were a couple lines that we were able to ride tandem. 

Now that I'm forty, I suppose I'm officially old.  But spending the weekend dancing with my girls and jumping off of platforms - I certainly feel young!
Truly, the BEST birthday I have ever had my entire life!

2 comments:

Vern said...

I love how you exploit my insecurities about the color of my skin. You're going to feel really bad about that when I'm diagnosed with melanoma.

Maranda said...

I hope to have friends as awesome as yours someday!! What a great birthday.