Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Date: McDonalds

This little girl has managed to capture the Caboose's heart. You can certainly see why, she's a total cutie!
And just like any smitten boy, the Caboose wanted to woo her with a nice meal - at McDonald's. And he wanted to pay for her. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he thought that "It would be nice to do." He earnestly saved up his money until he had $6.00. Enough for two happy meals. He worried "What if she orders something more expensive? What do I do Dad???" Diamond just laughed and said "Amen brother!"
The Caboose wrote the date down in his calendar and counted down the days. When it was finally time, he gathered up all his money into a baggie and the three of us headed to McDonald's.
They had a great time, running and playing and his little friend was kind enough to bring money for two ice creams. If this was my thirteen year old, or even my ten year old I probably wouldn't have been quite so on board with everything. But at five years old, I find the whole thing terribly adorable.

But then I heard the Caboose come out with these gems: "Sometimes I get thirsty chasing the girls" or "I'm kinda fast 'cuz I chase girls." Yeah, I probably need to worry.

5 comments:

Vern said...

McDonalds...wasn't that your first date with Diamond? Did he let you super size?

Jenni said...

Awww, he is so sweet! I love that he saved up his own money. He is sure to be a ladies man.:)

ganelle said...

Vern: Nope. Not McDonald's. He didn't have a coupon there. ;)

Cheryl said...

If we weren't related I think my girls would be totally jealous! That is sooo cute!!!

carolynalvey said...

Love It!! And I hope the relationship stays the way it is for a long time (minus the kiss they shared on the dare of a big brother)! Such a gentleman!