Monday, September 14, 2009

So Proud...

The Tooth Fairy found this under Big Boy #2 pillow last night:
In a related event, Big Boy #2 just made Student Council. I'm pretty sure that his note to the Tooth Fairy is evidence that this kid certainly thinks like a politician!

**********************************************************
The same day that BB#2 made student council, Big Boy #1 received the highest honor in Cub Scouts: The Arrow of Light

They had BB#1 ceremoniously walk across the backs of his dad and his scout leaders - symbolizing the role that those men play in creating a path for him to follow. I held his hand, representing the stabilizing role of the mom.



It seemed only fitting that my parents were there: Nanna and Grandpa did a TON to help him along in Cub Scouts! (LOVE that they are so close!)


That same night our troop had its second Raingutter Regatta. This year they ruled out catamarans - so much for our secret weapon that allowed us to dominate last year!


At one point the two boys were racing head to head. Like we need FORMALIZED competition between our boys?! ? Thank goodness this is the only race they will ever both compete in!

Even Diamond got in on the action: helping out a struggling ship.


Student Council? Arrow of Light? Negotiating with the Tooth Fairy for more cash? We couldn't BE more proud!

8 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Awesome happenings in your family! they don't have scouts here so I'm a little clueless about that but James did just join an american scout troop in zurich last week so I will have to learn very quickly!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the way BB#2 thinks. You go guy!

FOX said...

LUFF IT!!!!

Mom of Three said...

Congrats to both your little men!

Whitney said...

You and your boys are so cute! I'm going to be a mom of boys too... so I hope I can do it half as good as yoU!

Jenni said...

Very funny about the tooth fairy! Congrats to BB2 on student council and BB1 on the arrow of light. Fun times!!

tz said...

congratulations! loved the note...and hey my bb1 is also on the student council....

Garity said...

I have never seen that done in cub scouts with the scouts walking across the backs of the men. I actually got choked up reading it! Since Kris and I are the leaders for cub scouts here I am going to remember that if we have any Arrow of Light recipients. I'm bummed because we had three last year but then again I was back in the US having Bronwyn when they held the ceremony. Once again your blog has inspired me!